11 Interesting facts about northern Nigeria
1. The richest person in Africa and also the richest black person in the world is an indigene of kano state, northern Nigeria.
2. Benue, Nasarawa and Plateue in the north have higher population of Christians.
3. The capital of Nigeria (Abuja) is located in the north.
4. Nigeria’s North (719,000 Sq. km), occupies 80% of Nigeria’s land mass. In size it is four times the south.
5. Nigeria’s electricity is generated in the north and currently building the largest hydroelectric power station in Africa.
6. The North has wonderful tourism places in Nigeria.
7. The Nigeria Army, Navy, Police and Airforce academy are all located in the north.
8. The north has the biggest cancer treatment centre in west Africa.
9. It has the coldest place in Nigeria.
10. It is the largest producer of food and livestock in Nigeria.
11. It is rich in natural resources.